Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Emotional literacy



Emotional literacy

The ability to recognize, handle and appropriately express our emotions and feelings is what we call emotional literacy. Some of us are doing it better than others, but it is normal. It is not just because people react differently to the same thing, the reason is that some of them are better in working with computers, for example, and in this case, the others can easily express everything they want to.

Emotional literacy is necessary even in the childhood, because kids must be developed in this way as well. If they were able to express their emotions or needs, they would have a high level of interpersonal skills, which are required in job. Understanding emotional literacy is a key helping young people develop self- esteem. Nevertheless, we should try to understand what kind of feelings and thoughts have our friends too.



In teamwork and in our private life it is important to feel safe, useful and understood. Moreover, we can not go far without love, support and other basic needs. Life will not be fulfilled without our friends, relatives or even neighbours, so we must treat them right that the feedback would be nice. I am not saying that the feelings we are shown must be just positive as happiness, love, appreciation, but the negatives too. We have to learn, how to show our anger, boredom or rejection without hurting others.

I have made some few tests about how good I am in expressing my emotions, but the results showed that I (as we all do) have a lot of space to perfection.

3 comments:

Sigitas Bražėnas said...

Dear Jurgita,
I found your contribution quite interesting. There were some surprising ideas that I liked very much. It's glad that there are some people who are interested in such items as Emotional Literacy. As you know - I like criticising very much however yuor contribution is writen very well, so I hope this my eveluation will encourage you to write with more and more creativity.

Good Luck.. ;)

rdumskyte said...

Jurgita,
I liked your contribution very much, because it looks for me very sicere. Also, you write fluently, your sentences aren`t too long and it is easy to understand your ideas. So be so good in future..:)

Psychology said...

Very fluent language. Easy to read and understand.I really like it. Minds are quite intelligent and mature:).Everybody can fallow the advice try to understand other people.However, I would be gratefull to read more about your emotions and feelings that you have experienced making the entelligence test.